Kingdom Turn Sequence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kingdom Turn Sequence

Post by Gamemaster on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Kingdom Turn Sequence

A kingdom's growth occurs during four phases, which together make up 1 kingdom turn (1 month of game time). The four phases are as follows:

Phase 1—Upkeep: Check your kingdom's stability, pay costs, and deal with Unrest (automatic).

Phase 2—Edict: Declare official proclamations about taxes, diplomacy, and other kingdom-wide decisions.

Phase 3—Income: Add to your Treasury by collecting taxes and converting gp into BP, or withdraw BP from your kingdom for your personal use.

Phase 4—Event: Check whether any unusual events occur that require attention. Some are beneficial, such as an economic boom, good weather, or the discovery of remarkable treasure. Others are detrimental, such as foul weather, a plague, or a rampaging monster.

These phases are always undertaken in the above order. Many steps allow you to perform an action once per kingdom turn; this means once for the entire kingdom, not once per leader.
avatar
Gamemaster
Admin

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-11-18

View user profile http://unchartedterritories.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Edict Phase

Post by Gamemaster on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:16 pm

The Edict phase is when you make proclamations on expansion, improvements, taxation, holidays, and so on.

Step 1—Assign Leadership: Assign PCs or NPCs to any vacant leadership roles.

Step 2—Claim and Abandon Hexes: For your kingdom to grow, you must claim additional hexes. You can only claim a hex that is adjacent to at least 1 other hex in your kingdom. Before you can claim it, the hex must first be explored, then cleared of monsters and dangerous hazards. Then, to claim the hex, spend 1 BP; this establishes the hex as part of your kingdom and increases your kingdom's Size by 1.

You may abandon any number of hexes to reduce your kingdom's Size (which you may wish to do to manage Consumption). Doing so increases Unrest by 1 for each hex abandoned (or by 4 if the hex contained a settlement). This otherwise functions like losing a hex due to unrest.

Step 4—Build Terrain Improvements: You may spend BP to build terrain improvements like Farms, Forts, Roads, Mines, and Quarries.

You may also prepare a hex for constructing a settlement. Depending on the site, this may involve clearing trees, moving boulders, digging sanitation trenches, and so on.

Step 5—Create and Improve Settlements: You may create a settlement in a claimed hex (see Founding a Settlement). Table: Improvement Edicts tells you the maximum number of settlements you can establish per turn.

You may a building in any settlement in your kingdom. The list of available building types begins. When a building is completed, apply its modifiers to your kingdom sheet. Table: Improvement Edicts tells you the maximum number of buildings you can construct in your kingdom per turn. The first House, Mansion, Noble Villa, or Tenement your kingdom builds each turn does not count against that limit.

Step 6—Create Army Units: You may create, expand, equip, or repair army units (see Mass Combat).

Step 7—Issue Edicts: Select or adjust your edict levels.
avatar
Gamemaster
Admin

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-11-18

View user profile http://unchartedterritories.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Income Phase

Post by Gamemaster on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:19 pm

During the Income phase, you may add to or withdraw from the Treasury as well as collect taxes.

Step 1—Make Withdrawals from the Treasury: The kingdom-building rules allow you to expend BP on things related to running the kingdom. If you want to spend some of the kingdom's resources on something for your own personal benefit (such as a new magic item), you may withdraw BP from the Treasury and convert it into gp once per turn, but there is a penalty for doing so.

Each time you withdraw BP for your personal use, Unrest increases by the number of BP withdrawn. Each BP you withdraw this way converts to 500 gp of personal funds.

Step 2—Make Deposits to the Treasury: You can add funds to a kingdom's Treasury by donating your personal wealth to the kingdom—coins, gems, jewelry, weapons, armor, magic items, and other valuables you find while adventuring, as long as they are individually worth 1,000 gp or less. For every full 1,000 gp in value of the deposit, increase your kingdom's BP by 1.

If you want to donate an item that is worth more than 1,000 gp, refer to Step 3 instead.

Step 3—Sell Expensive Items for BP: You can attempt to sell expensive personal items (that is, items worth more than 1,000 gp each) through your kingdom's markets to add to your Treasury. You may sell one item per settlement district per turn. You must choose the settlement where you want to sell the item, and the item cannot be worth more than the base value of that settlement.

To sell an item, divide its price by half (as if selling it to an NPC for gp), divide the result by 1,000 (rounded down), and add that many BP to your Treasury.

You cannot use this step to sell magic items held or created by buildings in your settlements; those items are the property of the owners of those businesses.

Step 4—Collect Taxes: Attempt an Economy check, divide the result by 3 (round down), and add a number of BP to your Treasury equal to the result.


Last edited by Gamemaster on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Gamemaster
Admin

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-11-18

View user profile http://unchartedterritories.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Event Phase

Post by Gamemaster on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:20 pm

In the Event phase, a random event may affect your kingdom as a whole or a single settlement or hex.

There is a 25% chance of an event occurring. If no event occurred during the last turn, this chance increases to 75%. Some events can be negated, ended, or compensated for with some kind of kingdom check. Others, such as a rampaging monster, require you to complete an adventure or deal with a problem in a way not covered by the kingdom-building rules.

In addition, the GM may have an adventure- or campaign-specific event take place. Other events may also happen during this phase, such as independence or unification.
avatar
Gamemaster
Admin

Posts : 45
Join date : 2016-11-18

View user profile http://unchartedterritories.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kingdom Turn Sequence

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum